The project has a longitudinal, cross-sectional, and comparative research design and will generate evidence that is descriptive [case study, observational] and associative/correlational [quasi-experimental]. Original data is being collected from graduates of two different mathematics teacher preparation programs, one for K-8 certification and one for 7-12 certification, using assessments of learning [achievement tests], observation [personal observation], and survey research [semi-structured or informal interviews].
- We have designed or will design the following measures:
- Measures of pre-service/in-service teachers' mathematics knowledge for teaching
- Measures of pre-service/in-service teachers' skills for analyzing mathematics teaching situations
- Measures of the quality of in-service teachers' mathematics instruction
- Measures of students' learning of mathematics